You want the best wedding day ever – duh! You know, the one you’ve been dreaming about your entire life?
Yeahhhhh! I want that for you too!
But did you know your wedding vendors can sometimes make or break your overall wedding experience?
Before you sign the contract on the dotted line, be sure to ask each vendor these very important questions.
Ask all vendors:
- Are you available on my date?
- Do you have a travel/delivery fee?
- How far in advance should I book your services?
- Do you offer payment plans? What is the payment schedule?
- How would you describe your style?
- Can we see a sample gallery?
- How are your digital images delivered?
- What is your turnaround time for gallery delivery?
- What types of products do you offer other than the digital images?
- How do you serve your couples throughout the entire wedding planning process?
- What are your “low light” capabilities? (how would they handle photographing an underlit church or dark reception)?
- Do you have backup equipment in case something happens?
- What are the flowers that will be in season during my wedding?
- If we provide you a photo of a bouquet I want, can you recreate it?
- Can you assist in the bouquet preservation after the wedding day?
- Where can we find examples of your work?
- Are we able to rent table decorations through your business?
- How do you ensure to keep the party going? How do you keep the evening flowing well?
- We want you to play music during our actual wedding ceremony… what’s the charge for this or is it included?
- Do you provide mics for ceremony?
- We primarily want [preferred type of music] music. Do you have that?
- Can we do a food tasting to pick the meal for my reception?
- Buffet vs plated meals: what do you recommend?
- Do you provide vendor meals?
- If there is leftover food, can we take it home?
- Do you have cake samples we can purchase to try?
- Where can we view some of your previous wedding cakes?
- Recommendations: how should we freeze my wedding cake for our anniversary?
- Are you able to recreate a wedding cake we found online?
- We want flowers on our cake. Can you put those on or should our florist do it?
- What is included in the rental fee?
- How late can my reception go?
- Outdoor events: if it rains, what is Plan B?
- Does your venue offer catering services? If not, do you have a list of preferred caterers or can I bring in my own food?
- Is there a cake cutting fee or a corkage fee?
- Does reception decor clean up need to be done that night or can it happen the next morning?
Do you think I missed an important question couples should ask their vendors before they book? Comment it down below!