As I’ve mentioned, I provide everything you need for newborn sessions. Parents don’t need to bring any props, but here are a few things I do recommend bringing along to your baby’s newborn session:
- Diaper bag
- Multiple diapers with wipes: we don’t want baby in a dirty diaper!
- Pacifier: this helps soothe baby when they’re awake
- Bottle with milk or opportunity to breastfeed: being a newborn is hard work and they get hungry quickly, so we typically stop the newborn session about half way through to feed baby
- Baby jammies: it’s actually perfect to bring baby in jammies that zip or button up
- Change of clothing for parents: I tend to keep the studio on the warmer side for baby, so you can bring a short sleeve shirt to change into OR dress in layers.
- Snacks for parents: newborn sessions can be a few hours long, so if you didn’t eat before you come to the session, make sure to bring a snack
Use this as a checklist before you head to the studio on the day of your session and you’ll be good to go!
Newborn session checklist: 7 things to bring with you to your session