As I’ve mentioned, I provide everything you need for newborn sessions. Parents don’t need to bring any props, but here are a few things I do recommend bringing along to your baby’s newborn session:
- Diaper bag
- Multiple diapers with wipes: we don’t want baby in a dirty diaper!
- Pacifier: this helps soothe baby when they’re awake
- Bottle with milk or opportunity to breastfeed: being a newborn is hard work and they get hungry quickly, so we typically stop the newborn session about half way through to feed baby
- Baby jammies: it’s actually perfect to bring baby in jammies that zip or button up
- Change of clothing for parents: I tend to keep the studio on the warmer side for baby, so you can bring a short sleeve shirt to change into OR dress in layers.
- Snacks for parents: newborn sessions can be a few hours long, so if you didn’t eat before you come to the session, make sure to bring a snack
Use this as a checklist before you head to the studio on the day of your session and you’ll be good to go!
Ready to book your newborn session? Click here and fill out the form to get more information on newborn photography with Taylor Maurer Photography!